Volunteers contribute to our museums and galleries in many different ways, from engaging directly with our visitors to working behind the scenes with our collections teams. They help us provide valuable services that we would not otherwise be able to provide.
Volunteer Museum Assistant
We are seeking to recruit a team of volunteer gallery assistants to support visitors with access to our forthcoming exhibition - Clangers, Bagpuss & Co.
Please see the below links to the web information on the exhibition and related summer party.
This exhibition will run from Sat 4 August - Sun 7 October 2018
- maintain the interactives throughout the day eg. tidy gallery interactives, toy, books etc.
- be available to assist and direct visitors in the gallery and answer questions as appropriate
- ensure proper behaviour in the gallery to maintain a warm, fun, welcoming atmosphere for all our visitors and their children.
You will receive an induction necessary to the role including full health and safety. All short-listed applicants will be required to attend a short, informal interview.
Please get in touch if you are:
- are interested in supporting families and children
- feel comfortable coming into contact with and communicating with members of the public and specifically parents and carers
- have good interpersonal skills
- can follow instructions and safety procedures
- are keen to learn
- work well with others in a team
- are reliable, trustworthy and punctual
- are willing to abide by the Council's code of conduct for volunteers and staff
- are resident in the UK or in possession of a suitable visa for study or work
How to apply:
A Volunteer Code and Policy can be obtained by ringing the gallery on 01274 431212 and will be available at the inerview as well.
Please send your registered interest to:
Cartwright Hall Art Gallery
Or email: [email protected]
To discuss further please call Sonja Kielty, Curator Exhibtions, T: 01274 436027
By Monday 16 July 2018 at the latest.