Captain Tom Moore was born in Keighley and was in the news recently because he raised over £32m for the NHS by walking 100 laps of his garden before his 100th Birthday in April.
Bradford Industrial Museum has a motorbike that Captain Tom rode in racing competitions when he was younger. The photograph on the instructions shows him on this bike called the ‘Scott Flying Squirrel’.
It is an ideal time to think more about what we can do to help others. We can all choose to do something kind and make someone smile!
What do I need?
- Some thinking time
What am I doing?
- You can do something to help other people like Captain Tom. It doesn’t have to be raising money it could be by being by thoughtful, kind and helpful to those around you.
- Think about what ‘Random acts of Kindness’ you could to do. This means doing something kind for someone that is a surprise.
- You could help to do some jobs in the house like cleaning, offer to make a cup of tea or share any baking or cooking you may do in your family with a neighbour. You could make someone a drawing, write and send someone a postcard or letter or just tell someone that you love how much they mean to you.
Hints and Tips
- It is more important than ever at the minute that we are kind to the people around us. Being kind to someone can not only make them feel supported and cared for, but can also make you feel good too. Random act of kindness, however small, can have the power to brighten someone’s (and your) day!
- Keep an eye out for other people’s ‘acts of kindness’ that might inspire you and give you ideas of things to do for others.
- Don’t forget to be kind to yourself!