We would like to invite you to attend the launch of this regional exhibition, in partnership with the National Paralympic Heritage Trust. Celebrating the history of the Paralympic Movement and local disability sport, it aims to raise awareness of Paralympic heritage, disability activities and opportunities to inspire people to take up a disability sport or to support disability sport.
The launch reception will include:
- a welcom from Nigel Purse, Chairman of the National Paralympic Heritage Trust, alongside Steve Hartley, Strategic Director, Place, Bradford Metropolitan District Council.
- the opportunity to meet with local organisations, Paralympians including Peter Finbow plus Special Olympic medal winners Neil Hartley, James Reed, Teejay Wilson, Ella Curtis and Mark Rhodes. Also in attendance Stuart Meikle, 2018 Triathlon World Champion.
- stories and memorabilia from Peter Finbow, Stuart Meikle and David Stone.
- posters from the 2012 London Olympic and Paralympic Games from Bradford Museums and Galleries Fine Art Print Collection by leading artists Sarah Morris, Tracy Emin, Fiona Banner and Bob and Roberta Smith.
- touch-and-feel exhibits of medals, torches, running blades and goalball.
RSVP: [email protected] or t: 01274 431212
Free entry. Refreshments provided.