Bradford Museums and Galleries staff can offer talks and presentations to the public and to groups and societies depending on their availability. Below is a list of our staff team and some of the talks they can present.
Please contact the staff member directly to arrange a booking.
Charges for talk and lectures £32.00 p/hour on site, £80.00 p/hour (including expenses) off site within the Council District and £105.00 p/hour (including expenses) outside the Council District.
Nilesh Mistry, Curator (International and Decorative Arts)
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org tel 01274 431212
- Connect: People, Place and Imagination. The development of the Connect permanent displays at Cartwright Hall Art Gallery incorporating the earlier connections made between the Transcultural Gallery and broader permanent displays and continued exploration of parity and juxtapositions between International and Fine Art collections.
- Textile traditions of South Asia including Phulkari, Mochi, Kutchy, Kantha, Gujarati and Indian weaving & embroidery centres of production.
- Textile craft revival in India and Pakistan and incorporation into contemporary fashion garments.
- Artists and Printmakers of Pakistan as represented in the collection
- Methods and Approaches exploration of Studio Pottery represented in the Bradford collection
- Dialogues between traditional Indian Folk Artists and work of contemporary Indian fine artists
Gerard McGowan, Curator (Natural Science)
Contact email@example.com tel 0758210412
- The Curators of Keighley Museum
- The Role of the Curator in a Museum
- Tailored talks around the natural science collections
Heather Millard, Curator (Social History)
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org tel 01535 618237
- Never a boring day (Collections I have worked with)
- Cottingly Fairies in context
- Wedding dress fashions and traditions.
- Tailored tours of Cliffe Castle
Jill Iredale, Curator (Fine Art)
Contact email@example.com tel 01274 431212 / 01274 437800
- Tailored talks around the fine art collection
Elizabeth Llabres, Curator (Social/ Industrial History)
tel 01274 435900 / 01274 431826
- Medieval Bradford
- The History of Bolling Hall: its architecture and residents 11th – 20th century
- How to date old photographs and portraits – workshop
- Industrial History of Bradford
- The History of Bradford Industrial Museum 1871 - 1974
- Tailored talks around current exhibitions at Bradford Industrial Museum
- Tailored tours of Bradford Industrial Museum
- The history of the back to back houses at Bradford Industrial Museum
Sonja Kielty, Curator (exhibitions)
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org tel 01274 431212
- Tailored tours and talks around Bradford Museums and Galleries exhibition programme.
Dale Keeton, Collections Officer
Contact email@example.com tel 01535 618231
- A Rummage through Granny's Drawers- Underwear 1820-1970
- The boots on the other foot- Fashionable Footwear from Bradford's historic collections