Volunteering at Bradford Museums and Galleries...
Bradford Museums and Galleries has ‘Investing in Volunteers’ accreditation. This is the UK quality standard for good practice in volunteering. We are delighted to have received this award which recognises that the way we work with volunteers is of an excellent standard. We will continue to work hard to maintain best practice and develop new, creative ways of working with volunteers.
Volunteers contribute to our museums and galleries in many different ways, from engaging directly with our visitors to working behind the scenes with our collections teams. They help us provide valuable services that we would not otherwise be able to provide.
We are looking for people who are enthusiastic about our service, willing to learn and reliable. Or if you have specialist knowledge, skills and experience, it would be great to hear from you. We actively encourage applications from all sections of the community.
If you want to register your interest in volunteering with our service, please download and fill in the volunteer registration form (Excel document) and return to Penny.
Volunteer and Young People Coordinator for Bradford Museums and Galleries
Tel: 01274 435900
Bradford Industrial Museum, Moorside Mills, Moorside Road, Bradford BD2 3HP
For further information about volunteering with us you can view our Volunteers' Handbook (PDF).
Volunteer Museum Assistant in Animal Craft: a selling exhibition of contemporary UK designer-makers
We are looking for volunteer museum assistants to work in the exhibition below
Animal Craft: a selling exhibition of contemporary UK designer-makers
10 DEC 2016 - 10 MAY 2017
CARTWRIGHT HALL ART GALLERY
- To create a warm, friendly welcome to the space
- To answer visitors’ questions about the selling exhibition
- To assist paid staff with sales
- To look after the inter-active corner– stamp table by Rachel Barron
Volunteer shifts will run from 12 noon – 2pm Tuesday – Friday and 12 – 3pm on Saturdays and Sundays.
We will especially need help at the weekends.
You will receive all training necessary to the role including a full health and safety induction of Cartwright Hall. All short – listed applicants will be required to attend a short, informal interview.
This opportunity will be appropriate for people who enjoy interacting with members of the public and have an interest in art and galleries
Please get in touch if you
- are interested in art
- feel comfortable communicating with members of the public
- have good interpersonal skills
- can follow instructions and safety procedures
- are keen to learn
- work well with others in a team
- are reliable, trustworthy and punctual
- are willing to abide by the Councils code of conduct for volunteers and staff
- are resident in the UK or in possession of a suitable visa for study or work