Volunteering at Bradford Museums and Galleries...
Bradford Museums and Galleries has ‘Investing in Volunteers’ accreditation. This is the UK quality standard for good practice in volunteering. We are delighted to have received this award which recognises that the way we work with volunteers is of an excellent standard. We will continue to work hard to maintain best practice and develop new, creative ways of working with volunteers.
Volunteers contribute to our museums and galleries in many different ways, from engaging directly with our visitors to working behind the scenes with our collections teams. They help us provide valuable services that we would not otherwise be able to provide.
We are looking for people who are enthusiastic about our service, willing to learn and reliable. Or if you have specialist knowledge, skills and experience, it would be great to hear from you. We actively encourage applications from all sections of the community.
If you want to register your interest in volunteering with our service, please download and fill in the volunteer registration form (Excel document) and return to Penny.
Volunteer and Young People Coordinator for Bradford Museums and Galleries
Tel: 01274 435900
Bradford Industrial Museum, Moorside Mills, Moorside Road, Bradford BD2 3HP
For further information about volunteering with us you can view our Volunteers' Handbook (PDF).
Volunteer Guide for The David Hockney Gallery
We are looking for volunteer guides to work in
The David Hockney Gallery
which will be opening at Cartwright Hall Art Gallery in July 2017
- to work under the supervision of paid staff
- to be part of a trained pool of guides
- to create a warm welcome to the gallery
- to deliver a guided tour at set times at weekends and for booked groups and special events
You will receive all training necessary to the role including a full induction of Cartwright Hall Art Gallery. All short-listed applicants will be required to attend a short, informal interview.
This opportunity will be appropraite for people who enjoy interacting with the public and have an interest in art and galleries
Please get in touch if you are
- interested in art
- feel comfortable speaking to the public
- have good interpersonal skills
- can follow instructions and safety procedures
- are keen to learn
- work well with others in a team
- are reliable, trustworthy and punctual
- are willing to abide by the council's code of conduct
- are resident in the UK or in possession of a suitable visa for study or work
Deadline for application 5pm Friday 2nd June 2017
If you want to volunteer in this role please fill in the volunteer registration form and return to Penny Green at email@example.com